Re: DML BBQ

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 00:34:36 EDT

--- "Mr. Plow" <adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com> wrote:

> But, i'm starting to think that i should keep my "ideas" to myself,
> as they
> seemed to cause quite a fuss when people actually listen to me.

True, but it's not YOUR fault that people actually listened. The
tarp/truck/water idea was actually really good.

> It really was a spectacular event, i encourage anyone with a 4x4 who
> is
> anywhere near New York state to try and attend next year's BBQ. It's
> great chance to meet a bunch of new people, and see what your truck
> is
> really capable of. There is nearly zero risk of damage to set aside
> any
> worries about that. There's usually an alternate route to take to
> avoid any
> obstacles that look a little too rough.
> And besides, you get to laugh at the crazy people, myself included,
> doing
> things that just don't seem sane.

You don't even need a 4x4, nor do you have to drive the trails! It's
just a great time to hang out and have fun. Both last year and this
year we had seats to spare. I don't know that I'd say "nearly zero
risk of damage" - there's plenty of opportunity to do lots of damage if
you're so inclined. But it is pretty cool to see just what these
things are capable of.

=====
-andy