RE: Flex-a-lite Black Magic fan #150 for sale

From: Shawn Bowen (Shawn@bowen.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 08:05:00 EDT

Man, that's a bummer... I have the exact same truck but with Crower 1.7
RR's, a PowerDyne SC (That should make mine even hotter), 52mm TB, Hot PCM,
and many many other things and I NEVER get above 210 (that's after sitting
FOREVER in Atlanta traffic, stopped in 100 degree 95% humidity). I set the
Black Magic to come on around 180ish (eye balled the temp gauge and set it
to come on). FWIW, I bolted my BM so that the center of the BM fan is
aligned exactly where the old Clutch Fan used to be. I did have a radiator
flush a month ago or so, and even though I've been running fine I added
Radiator Relief just for safeties sake.

Bummer, but I don't blame you if she won't stay cool. If your going back to
the Clutch Fan and selling the BM you might want to look into the fan blades
available from Summit, they claim to flow better and they don't weigh as
much. Just a thought.

Shawn
98 5.2L 4x4 CC Blown