Re: camper shells

From: Robert Schultz (robert_schultz@sympatico.killspammers.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 22:13:29 EDT

I have an ARE cap on a QC, and I've certainly never noticed any bad
harmonics on it.

In fact, I've never heard of this at all.

On the plus side the extra weight settles the back end a bit.

Can't say what the gas mileage difference would be, as I got the cap a feww
weeks after the truck.

I opted for the ARE because they were the only company who made a high-line
cap, that is about 6 inches taller than the cab.

Give a lot of extra storage over the cab-high.

Now ask me if I like the look of the truck with the cap. From some angles
the truck looks badly proportioned because the cap looks shorter than the
box (the wrap around sides).

Rob S.