re: T-Case Leaking................................

From: Suter, Rick (RSuter@bizfon.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 10:02:51 EST

Hmmmmmm... Now you guys have me wondering about what exactly is leaking and
if I even "fixed" the old '92 correctly.

The leak is where the T-Case bolts to the Tranny and it's considerable,
especially for a mere 44k miles (argh). Come to think of it, just gooping
those two surfaces is not the right fix, is it? The T-Case should have it's
own seal and it's own lubrication while the tranny has it's own seal and
lubrication. Right? The T-Case and Tranny don't share lubrication, do they?
Therefore, the correct fix is likely just as you guys mentioned... Tranny
tailshaft seal and maybe whatever is in the T-Case for a *front* seal.

Sound about right?

thanks,

Rick