Mileage figures for 2001, longish

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 10:08:26 EST

The 2001 fuel and mileage numbers are in.
Total miles driven: 9,200
Total fuel consumption: 675.2 gallons
Average mpg for the year: 13.6

This is a significant change from the previous two years.

1999 Totals include November 23 - December 31, 1998
Total miles: 14,302
Total fuel consumption: 1032.5 gallons
Average mpg: 13.9

2000 Total miles: 15,419
Total fuel consumption: 976.7 gallons
Average mpg: 15.8

Why you ask? I retired a year ago, fewer miles, shorter trips.
In 1999, there were six trips to Albany which includes 400 miles on the
Thruway each time at roughly 70-75 mph.
In 2000, there were ten trips to Albany and one to North Carolina. The best
mileage I've every recorded on this truck was 17.0 mpg on the return from
Cape Hatteras. Running at 70-75 mph from fill-up to fill-up.
Last year, three trips to Buffalo and one to Forestville. Everything else
was a short trip of 15 miles or less. The DML BBQ trip doesn't really count.
Running down the creek bed in 4-low offset any gains in mpg on the Thruway.
;-D)
The engine - drivetrain combination are in the profile:
http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/UbD0QjNfD2d5c/profile.htm