Re: MAJOR Dakota electrical problems! PLEASE!!

From: Jayson Woodruff (woodrufj@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 11:40:49 EST

My first guess is a bad ground (main ground off the battery). You probably
already checked the battery connections. I'd suggest replacing the battery
cables, they're cheap and a good start. Also take an ohm meter to the battery
(with the car off), should read 12.5 to 13.5.

Does it do all this with the truck running only? or both running and shut down.
If only when running it could be a problem with the alternator or voltage
regulator, check the reading on the Volt meter of the dash.

Your not over working the system are you? Lots of big amplifiers, funky
compressrs, winches and neon lights all running at the same time? With out
enough battery/alternator power this can kill a battery.

If it comes down to the battery, I've got an extra OEM battery at my G-ma's
house I need to get rid of. It's been sitting for six months, but charge it up
and its yours.

Jay W