Think I've Set A Record!

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 12:55:21 EST

Ok Everyone,
Who has had the most NV3500 transmissions replaced? Just had my third one
installed right before Christmas. The Centerforce clutch isn't even broken
in yet, and guess what? The Dak is going back in for transmission number
four. That's right, tranny number FOUR!!! I think this must be a DML
record. The Dak has 56Kmi. on it, and the third tranny has about 300mi. on
it.

It seams the apprentice technician who installed the transmission never
checked the fluid level in it. It only had 1-3/4qt. of that special Mopar
blend in it. (It's suppose to have close to 3qt. in it.) It had been
shifting rough, so I drained it out last night. The magnetic stem on the
drain plug was covered with metal shards over a 1/2" in diameter. The fluid
just glistens when the light hits it. Sorta like metal flake paint!

I spoke to the technician who was suppose to have installed my tranny, but
was out sick. He says to call back Monday when the service department opens
and get another transmission on order. So what do you think? Do we have a
new tranny replacement record here?
Rich - Ashburn, VA
PS. I hope the ol' Dak is on the road my March. I don't want to miss the
3rd meet at VMP. :'B