Dakota Questions

From: Paul Brino (campman2@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 08:36:54 EST

Hey Guys,

    When you guys plow with your Dakota. Do you put it in low range or
high? I had trouble today getting the truck to shift into 4 Low. It says
in the owners manual to go about 3 to 5 mph and shift into neutral then pull
back the shift lever on the transfer case. I tried and tried, then finally
it went into 4 Low. It made a clunk but got it in. When I put the transfer
case back into 4 High with the reversed directions, it clunked again.
Please advise how you guys make the transition. The previous owner probably
never went into 4 Low. Do you think it has anything to do with my
transmission rebuild?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
Scotia, NY