4WD Indicator Insanity

From: Silver89 (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 19:39:46 EST

OK - - well I was messing aroudn with the wires on the 4x4. I still cant
get the 4x4 light to operate properly. Heres what its doing. I can
get it to light up when I shift into 4HI... but it lights up when I
accelorate and then turns OFF when I hit the brake or when I let up off
the gas for a few moments. It also does not light up in 4 LO. I
turned the connector around - thought it may have been in the wrong
way. I still cant figure this out. is it supposed to go and off or
should it stay on constantly?

Could this mean theres something wrong with teh transfer case or the
front axle?

How about the sending unit (for a lack of a better term) that the wire
plugs into on the front axle??

--

"That one has a strange blue neon thing... I'm guessing theres cocane up

there" - Eddie Vedder

Tom (Silver98) http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/

webmaster@savechrysler.com www.savechrysler.com

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow