Re: Goodbye 1999 and hello something else

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 19:43:06 EST

Hey Rick! I traded my troublesome 99 (3.9) Dak in for
a 2001 with a 4.7,and it`s great! Runs really
smooth,and it`s fast. No fluctuating idle,no ping,no
clatter,no bang into reverse,and the rotors have held
up for a respectable 6500 miles so far!! You may not
like the new interior (looks like a late `80s
S-10),but I`ve gotten used to mine. Steve P.
--- "Suter, Rick" <RSuter@bizfon.com> wrote:

> The time has come to get rid of my '99 SLT. And the
> question is, what do I
> replace it with? A full size? A Tundra? Another
> Dakota? I'd really like to
> have enough faith in Mopar to buy another Dakota,
> but my '99 has been very
> strong evidence against that possible faith. Help me
> out here guys.... Fess
> up and let me know how "faithful" your later model
> 4.7 auto 4x4s have been.
> Pinging? Leaking? Running crappy? Ball joints? Cab
> mounts? Headlight
> switches? How many of these maladies have carried
> thru to current models?
>
> thanks,
>
> Rick
>
> ps. Anyone want an Mopar Performance computer for a
> '99 5.2l, 4x4, non
> California? (It will only fit a truck spec'd like
this)

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.