Re: Next gen Dakota wish list

From: Mark Jackson (a0004096@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 19:53:03 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Ross" <blackdak@mindspring.com>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 4:41 PM
Subject: DML: Next gen Dakota wish list

> Thought it might be interesting to see what you guys would like ma Mopar
> change/add/redesign/offer/improve on the next generation Dakotas (due out
in
> the 2003 model year, I think). Here's my ideas:
>
> Improve braking (via 4-wheel discs and/or multi-piston front calipers)
> Improved HVAC controls (I think this may be addressed on the 2001-02
models,
> not sure)
> Improve build quality/reliability
> Redo R/T package to incorporate the new Hemi engine (or at least the 4.7
HO
> from the Jeep GC)
> Offer R/T package on quad-cabs
> Offer manual tranny on all engines (or at least on R/T package)
>
> Any other ideas out there??
>
> Alex
> 97 CC Sport V8 5spd

I personally would like to see the new Dakotas come with the
supermodel/actress of your choice. I know that passenger seat is supposed
to hold someone and it should be included as an option package.

Seriously, I have a 2000 Quad and would have loved to turn off the airbags
on the passenger side. With reg and ext cabs you have the choice to turn
them off if carrying small children in the front seat. In the Quads, DC
figured they'd force you to carry them in the back seat because it's safer
statistically I think. The problem with me is, what if I'm carrying four or
five small children (soccer dad in training here). Now I'm forced to figure
which kid is going to sit in the "hot seat".

That is my main rant so you can tell that I'm easy to please. A couple of
other things that would do it for me is the ability to have a sunroof or
T-tops WITH the overhead computer. Move over a couple of wires and you
should have the space. An electric rear window would have been nice.
Navigation system? 5-speed stick? Some place inside of the cab that you
can actually lock...like the glove compartment.