Re: Next gen Dakota wish list

From: Alex Ross (blackdak@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 20:19:24 EST

> No! NO R/T Quad Cab! It would be the same as calling a Chevy Camaro
> Stationwagon "a sports car" no no... R/T badges should be reserved for
special
> models. Otherwise the R/T badge loses its significance and prestige.
Better
> braking is a good idea however.

I don't think the R/T nameplate would be lose any significance by offering
it in a quad-cab model. Heck, BMW offers the M3 in a 4 door model. Several
of Mercedes AMG models come in 4 doors. I think it would be a big seller.
What else would offer 4 doors, a bed and sports car like performance?
Granted it wouldn't be as good a combo for hp/weight ratio as a reg. cab,
but it is a great combination nonetheless.

Alex
97 CC Sport V8 5spd