Re: Gauge Face Group Buy

From: stcr (stcr@lvcm.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 22:12:08 EST

>> I don't know if Pete Skiba from Nu Image is the salesman you spoke
with, but he has ignored a post from me
>> on 1/8/02, asking him to verify if the gauges for the 2001 Dakota
will include all the numbers instead of hash
>> marks or lines.
>>
>> If you can get Nu Image to post a URL showing the completed
2001-2002 Dakota White Face Gauges,
>> and they indeed have numbers and the elusive 7000 RMP tach (yellow
and red line would be nice), I know I'll
>> at least get into the group buy and I bet ya you'll get a few more
folks interested as well.

>> Thanks.

Yes, Pete is my contact at Nu Image. I've been talking with various
reps at Nu Image for a couple of months now, bugging them about the
2001++ gauge faces, and latched onto him after he posted his note on
www.dodgedakotas.com in the group buys area. I think his post was a
one-time surf, which may explain why he hasn't replied to you on that
site. I've spoken to him on the phone a few times over the last couple
of days, and for a company which doesn't do direct retail, he's been
more than co-operative with my questions. I'm hoping to get some
official pictures of the 2001-2002 gauges, Pete says their 3-year old
website is about to get a massive overhaul, so pictures of all of the
models will eventually be available.

As far as your questions about mph and rpm's, even the 1997-2000 model
years have the numerals for the mph and tachometer visible, and while
the yellows aren't there, red hash marks are posted at 500rpm intervals
for the red-line rpm's (look close at the pictures I have posted from Nu
Image). The 1997-2000 model gauges have the 6000rpm tachometer only
(I'm checking on a 7000rpm tach for you few 2000 owners who have one),
and all of the 2001-2002 gauges have the 7000rpm tachometer.

Drop me an e-mail so I can put you on my mini-mailing list, I'll update
you directly as soon as I get any new information. I'm already over 10
confirmed orders, so meeting my self-imposed deadline of 2/1/02 to meet
Nu Image's minimum 25 quantity for the group buy shouldn't be a problem.

- Steve Feiler
SinCityRT@dakota-durango.com
http://www.dakota-durango.com