Re: doing a little whinning

From: Jeff Trithart (homesteadworkshop@shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 20:02:23 EST

I had a full size 97 Ram 1500 4x4 that had the rear end replaced under
warranty 7 times in less than 60,000 miles!!! The pinion bearing self
destructed every time and took the whole dif with it. Everything was
replaced, bearings, gears, limited slip, etc. There was no arguement at
all. The service manager never said it officially but did kind of let on
about some rear ends leaving the factory with the wrong machining done to
them because he had seen lot's of other trucks with the same failures. Just
so you know, the truck never towed a trailer or had been off-road in it's
entire life,it was used strictly pavement.

Jeff