Re: Hyper Speed Controller

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 06:05:57 EST

Bernd,

Thanks for such a civil post. This is what I wanted to talk about. I'd be
real interested in looking over any data (scan tool or otherwise) that you
might dig up to support the SFT & LFT during open-loop being affected. When
I referred to "snake oil" - I kept mentioning that nobody is able to affect
the A/F during closed-loop operation as this is the fundamental basis of
control systems (combined w/the fact that the narrow-band O2 sensors ONLY
get excited around 14.7:1). Everything that I have ever read or have been
taught would have disagreed w/that.

Now I understand where we were butting heads. You are only talking about
Open-Loop situations. And yes, we have both read that the O2 sensor is
ignored. You might have found/proven that they are indeed not ignored.
Perhaps the table lookup values are used in a formula w/the O2 sensor
reading being a minor "correction". This is very promising for those who
run at WOT or heavy-throttle alot. I do still believe it is useless during
closed-loop (the majority of the time). Wait - that don't add up. This
device wouldn't know the difference from open to closed-loop. Other than
hooking inline to the O2 sensor and replacing the factory sensor - there is
no other changes right? Who is the manufacturer of the sensor? How long
has this product been on the market. Did you say the price would be in the
$300-$400 range? Thanks.

My apologies for getting angry. My situation has changed alot since the
Christmas holidays. I found out my father has ALS (Lou Gherig's Disease)
and will probably be gone in a few short months. My only living grandmother
is on her deathbed, my uncle just got diagnosed w/Cancer, and I lost a first
cousin to a heart attack last Monday. My nerves have been better.

Thanks for the info - hope I get some time to dig into it further.

Respectfully,

Shane