RE: Re: Hyper Speed Controller

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 00:20:38 EST

Shane,

With all due respect, we've talked personally on and off the list (email
or phone call) and we both have our views and opinions. I hold no
grudges against you at all...things did get a bit out of hand I do
admit.

While you may not believe that the HyperSpeed controller works, it does.
I've got the dyno sheets and track timeslips to prove it. If it were
only a 2-5HP gain, I would've said the same thing as you, but it gained
19RWHP. The A/F mixture was much more "down to earth" at WOT than with
the "tweaks" and FMU tuning, which also tells me that it's working.
While yes, the O2's are ignored in Open Loop operation, the Short and
Long-Term fuel trim is affected by the HyperSpeed (working with the
PCM's learning capability).

You and I have both done our testing in the past and present and I
disagree in the point that the Dyno sheets are not "real world"...they
are and many OBD-II related sites refer to Dyno testing as the basis for
emissions output testing. I can quote the URL's but won't do any good
on the forum as it'll turn into a "bitch-fest".

The A/F mixtures can be "adjusted" by other products already on the
market (to a point) but they work on set parameters that are programmed
for generic "Performance" scales (Performance Chips are what I'm
referring to on that statement). The HyperSpeed has the ability to
adapt. I've got my MT2500 now and am relearning all the new features
(haven't used one since 1992 - wow...lots of new stuff on it!) and will
try to print out some of the differences for you (need to figure out the
plotter).

I've tried the ARC1, PSC1, different MAP sensors, and a few other "tips"
from other sources in an attempt to get rid of the annoying blower bog
at 1-2# boost and at part-mid throttle (Open-Loop). None have been able
to get rid of it...the HyperSpeed did. How...i'm still trying to dig
deep into the technical reasons but it's the only controller that did
it...and without any dyno tuning or custom programming. From what I
understand, it has something to do with the fuel tables...but if it's in
Open-Loop, theoretically it shouldn't do this...but it did and somehow
altered the fuel tables in the process.

- Bernd