Polished aluminum rim?

From: PoohDog629@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 21:34:51 EDT

     I have a set of american eagle alloy rims with a polished aluminum
finish. 'm sure you guys have heard this before, but I took them out of
winter storage yesterday and they seem to have corroded. There are little
white blotches all over the rims that I can't feel by touch but can most
definitely see. I don't know why the finish went to crap, I constantly clean
and polish them, and I always clean and polish them before I put them away
for the winter, but this time it didn't work. What can I do to restore the
finish? Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike R.

Intense blue over gray '98 SLT CC 5.2L
Mods Include:
K&N FIPK, gibson split-dual cat back, and a set of eagle alloys(corroded) on
the corners