Re: The bottom line is,the 2nd Generation Dakota IS the best

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 20:20:39 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>

>> I will paraphrase the official DML breakdown here:
>>
>> Gen1: 1987-1990
>> Gen2: 1991-1996
>> Gen3: 1997-2004
>> Gen4: 2005-present
>
> If we wanted to get really picky, we could even say:
>
> Gen4: 2005-2007
> Gen5: 2008-present

Eh I'm inclined to say that Dodge stopped producing the Dakota in 2005.

But offically I would call the 08 model a new generation - as it does
have more than passing differences. New engine - loss of a stick shift
with anything other than the base 6 Cyl 3.7L - New front end, changes to
the interior. Its "just" barely enough. Afterall - the cosmetic
changes to the 91-96 trucks were basically a hood, a radiator support a
grill and headlights - the fenders didnt even change, and yet we defined
91 as a new model year....

> Although it's probably really pushing it to call a new grille and
> upgraded engine a whole new generation. We didn't bump the generation
> in 2000 when the 4.7 first replaced the 318, and that was a bigger
> change than the upgraded 4.7.
>
> Just for the sake of completeness, I guess we should point out that
> Chrysler's official position is:
>
> Gen1: 1987-1996
> Gen2: 1997-2004
> Gen3: 2005-present

Chrysler has had its head up its ass for years... no suprise there.

> This is definitely a Frequently Argued Topic for which there is no clear
> resolution.

Wanna bet? hhehehe

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine