Fuel Mileage?

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Wed Dec 13 1995 - 12:26:28 EST

What do kind of mileage are getting on your Dakotas?

I have been getting between 15-17mpg on my 89 4x4 auto w/3.9l v6. This is
strickly around town on trips of 15 miles or less. I guess I expected to get in
the low 20's.

Also, has anyone have any preference on tires? Mine currently has Goodyear
Wrangler Radials (no letter suffixes) P235R75-15. I have no plans for any
serious offroad running. I would like a tire that is quiet on the road, will
wear resonablely well, provide adequate tracktion for snow covered roads (I
purchased this truck so I would not need to drive my Shelby Daytona in bad
weather) and not leave me stuck on the beach.

The Wranglers on the truck generate quite a bit of road noise (and would assume
they are not the best choice for optimum mpg). I checked the Goodyear web page
and there is a whole series of Wranglers with suffix letters? A friend with a 94
Dakota Sport 4x4 has Wrangler AT's.

Dave Clement