Dakota aftermarket stuff

From: Ed Traxler (edtrax@dedot.com)
Date: Sat Jul 20 1996 - 15:54:00 EDT

My Dakota: 95 ext cab w/3.9 L V-6

OK, just want to throw out the following, hoping for a bite:

1) When looking through ads, I keep noticing the cowl induction hoods. Way back when, I owned a '70 Chevelle
with cowl induction. The scoop faced the base of the windshield. Under the hood, there was a filter housing
minus the top portion. This was part of the hood, so you had a direct path for the air. So far, I haven't seen
anything for the Dakota. Anybody hear of anything? I remember vaguely reading about pressure differences along
an automobile body depending on the body shape. There had been people who installed a hood scope and lost
performance because they chose to mount the scoop at a point of low pressure. Anybody know problems with
positioning hood scoops/cowl induction for the Dakota?

PS I just think a cowl induction hood scoop would look cool.

2) How about performance parts for the 3.9 L V-6?

3) Headers. Anybody out there put a pair of (for example) Eldelbrock headers on their 3.9L V-6? If so, what
problems did you have -- what performance increase did you see?

4) Along with that, you see various exhaust system replacements for trucks - Sep 96 issue of Trucking Mag shows
a Chevy getting a Gibson Performance Exhaust system .. What's out there for the Dakota .. Who's done it, seen
it done, thinking about it, etc., etc.

Ed Traxler