tires on a 2wd with stock rims

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 05 1996 - 11:45:12 EST

Hello Dak'ers,
        I have a '94 Dakota (see sig) and have 37,000 miles on the
original tires. Yeah, I know, they should be toast by now but I don't fry
them except for a chirp now and again (and again...). I would like to
purchase two sets of tires, one for spring/summer/fall and one for winter.
I have two sets of rims, predator and chrome both off stock '94 Dakotas.
I have not lowered the truck and I don't intend to in the future.
        I expect to purchase a set of tires that work well in the snow
which means narrow tall tires. The speedo is not my concern and the
computer will learn whatever modifications to my driving style that will
occur. The regular duty tires should be good at higher speeds and
cornering on wet roads since it rains a bit here. These should be about
the same diameter as the stock 215-75/15 Goodyear Invictas that are on
there.
        Unless I hit the lottery (which I don't play) or get a better job
which may take years, my 6" wide wheels will have to serve me. What do
you think folks? Can you help me and my truck decide on new shoes and
snow boots?

Thanks!
1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu