318 for '89 Dak

From: AM14@chrysler.com
Date: Thu May 08 1997 - 10:56:29 EDT

*** Resending note of 05/08/97 10:36
To: T0866TO --CLIC Obryan, Tim S DAKOTA --INTERNET

From: Azie Magnusson, CMIS Coordinator
Subject: 318 for '89 Dak

Has anyone experience with installing a 318/360 in an '89 Dak 4X2 longbed?
Truck came equipped with 3.9L (sawed off 318) AOD SMEC TBI. I've already
reworked the AOD. (BAD NEWS A500) Truck is completely stock except has a 9"
FOMOCO car rear. (The 7 1/4 that came in it lasted a mere 85000 mi and
junkyards wanted an arm and a leg for an 8 1/4 replacement. The FOMOCO car has
same bolt pattern and there are litterally millions of these available for
very little cash.) I would like to upgrade to MPI and SBEC. What underhood
wiring harness will work? How do I compensate for the different length of 318
vs 3.9L. Are motor mounts available for this installation. How about trans
mount. Does it stay in same location, or will it be different because the 318
is longer than 3.9L? Oh Yeah!!! I also need more cooling with the 360. What
radiator will do the job and bolt-in.

I love my trucks ride, but it has never been a PERFORMER. Maybe the 360 will
help this out a bit!!!!

Let me here all your ideas!!!

WORKING TO BE THE BEST
Azie Magnusson
PROFS ID (AM14):E-Mail AM14@Chrysler.com
Tie Line (835-2578):Outside (205)464-2578