Finally got my headers

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Thu Aug 14 1997 - 17:23:51 EDT

Finally got 'em today. Boy these suckers are heavy duty.... I found
something out already that everyone may not know. For '92 and '93
Dakotas with the auto, you will need to replace the transsmision tube,
dipstick, and o-ring with a '94 - '96 model assembly, the instructions
give all the nessecary part numbers. I just picked up the dipstick wich
is about 8 or 9 inches longer than the earlier model. The tube and
o-ring should be in at the dealer tommorow afternoon, so it looks like a
weekend job. Total for the parts came to $26. No big deal, but I wish
I'd known about it sooner... I still need some hi-temp silicone sealer
for the gaskets and a few more little things. I think if the stock
Ypipe comes off without a fight and if there is no clearance problems
with the Thorleys it shouldn't be *that* big of a job, but we'll see....

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto