'98..Got mine!!!

From: Gardner1@Bellsouth.net
Date: Thu Aug 14 1997 - 21:11:10 EDT

Finally, finally, finally...I got my Dakota. Just picked it up today. I had originally
ordered a '97 back at the end of April and with the engine strike and whatever else, they
could not build my truck. I had to change my order to a '98. Cool, but that meant
that I would have to wait longer. (I had already sold my '88 Toyota 4x4 to my brother
in May so I was already totally truckless). Anyway, about 8 weeks after they were able to
order my '98, it is here and I am very pleased. Black, extended cab, 4x4, Sport, V-8,
5 speed (why I had to order it), tow package, power windows and locks, keyless entry, fog
lights, 31" tires, fender flares, etc. Sharp truck!!! Love it so far.
New for '98...the passenger air bag can be turned off and there is a "panic" button on
the keyless entry. About $700 higher than the '97, but not bad in the greater scheme of
things. Dealership was great...I have bugged them enough since April that my salesman
knows my voice and the whole dealership probably knows my name. My salesman told me that
they got mine pushed though early, because they are not building V-8 4x4's right now and
I had been waiting such a long time. Anyway all that is behind me now. Now...gotta get
running boards, tint the side windows, dual exhaust(but got to stay legal), new air
filter, bed liner, etc. So, now I can officially feel a part of the discussions on this
page. Any suggestions on mods are welcome.

Holly Gardner
'98 Black Dakota "Sport" 4x4, V-8, 5-speed, CC, etc.
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)