Product Reviews Requested

From: Michael D Gemelke (Michael.D.Gemelke@wdc.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 1998 - 10:15:52 EST

Does anyone have any insight into the following products and how they have
performed for you? All comments good, bad, or indifferent are
appreciated:

Checkmate FX soft tonneau cover (why are they so cheap?)

Saber Extang soft tonneau cover (any fitting problems in the colder
months?)

K&N Air Filter "Injector" Kit (what are the "clones" & who makes them,
by the way, what do you do with the Crankcase Inlet Air Filter with one of
these installed? Any performance/reliability impacts with taking warm
engine-compartment air into the engine/crank?)

GlassPacked Mufflers/Turbo Mufflers (is it worth it to replace the stock
muffler if I don't replace the headers, y-pipe, cat, etc?) Any
brand/model recommendations?

Which bed liners have the best fit for a '95 XCAB shortbed? (I still need
the 2X6 dents to hold plywood, and would like to still be able to use the
stake pockets as well).

Thanks for the advise. Happy new year.

-Mike
'95 Dakota XCAB 3.9L V6 shortbox, Emerald Green, stock everything,
bent-sheet metal Unicover doghouse, torn up piece of carpet in the
bed,...you get the picture!