New Member...currently Dakotaless.

From: Jay Boudreau (jboudreau@net1plus.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 00:14:26 EST

Hi everyone.
    My name is Jay Boudreau and I have been silent on the list for about 2 weeks
now. I am 23 years old, and am finally ready to buy a brand new vehicle. I have
owned only sports cars, and I would really like to have a truck. (I need it
bring my ATV around) I currently own a 92 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T. It has been
modified, and I will need to be soldl in order to get my new truck. I am really
afraid that I will miss the sports car feel. Have any of you guys/gals gone from
sports cars to Dakotas? Was it a huge jump? I am looking at a 98 Dakota
sport...V8, 5 speed ...of course. Once I get my Daytona all cleaned up and
looking nice, I will be off to the local dodge dealerships, in search of the
best price. I have totaled up the invoice price, added destination charges and
added 5% dealer profit. what else am I missing? How about advertising fees? I
plan to order one, not buy one off the lot, so does this still apply? I am
really excited to get a new Dakota, but I would like to know about how much over
invoice you guys paid for your trucks. I don't really want to get screwed on my
first new vehicle. Thank You for your help...and wish me luck! ;)
Jay Boudreau