Re 0-60 sedans!?

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 21 1998 - 03:36:49 EST

>Chev, Ford and the imports all have a number of "sedans" that will turn
>6-8 second 0-60 times; Chrysler has nothing, nada, squat. A Chrysler
>equiv. of a Contour SVT - Nope. Taurus SHO - Nope. Caddy STS - Nope.
>Nissan Maxima - Nope. Olds Intrigue - Nope. Grand Prix GTP - Nope.
>Hardly looks "covered" to me...
>

>P.S. One final thought: Its pretty sad when your mini-van is within 0.3
>seconds 0-60 of your "touring car" convertible (Sebring).

Other thatn perhaps the Maxima, I can't recall the last time I saw any of
these cars on the road or even ia a parking lot for that matter. I kinda
liked the SHO's but I havent seen one for ages, point being, why should CC
buld these cars when most people want to but something tamer like a van!?
I'm sure a high performance variant of some current CC product would make
many people on this list happy but I'd bet no matter what the performance ,
sales would be weak. Just as they are with all the models listed above.
I think people who want a real high-performance sedan also want luxury and
quality (perceived or real) to match the performance. Thats what sells cars
for Lexus, Mercedes etc.. I dont think any of the US MFG's (other than
Caddy) are in that business.

Tony J. Mastres
Photographer
Photographic Services __