Lucas Dak

From: rbt@frontiernet.net
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 15:15:23 EST

Well it happened for the second time so I'm not hallucinating and I can
only figure my 98 Dak is messing around with that British car in the garage at
night and picked up "Lucas disease".

I go to signal a right hand turn and I get my wipers coming on at slow speed
for several cycles in addition to the disired turn indicator. (of course I couldn't
repeat it "on demand" if my life depended on it!)

It acts like there must be a momentary short to the switch going to
the washer button,( but probably only when the steering wheel is
positioned "just so" when I signal and only on the last Monday of the
month, etc.......)

I'm glad I'm used to this sort of thing by now but I was kinda hoping
my car would pick up the good parts of American electrics, not the
other way 'round! :-)

By any chance has anyone else seen this? (I won't bother to bring it
in unless the dealers know the fix already via a TSB..fearing it will come out
worse)

-BobT. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 3.55 5sp