'97 AC pulley

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 08:34:53 EST

I had my defroster on the other day and popped the hood - was surprised
to see that the ac compressor pulley wasn't turning - the belt was just
sliding around it. Every few seconds, the pulley would turn for a few
seconds, then stop again. I know there's a clutch of some type on the
compressor, but I wouldn't have expected the belt to have to slide over
the pulley. Is this normal? The truck is in having paint on the front
bumper painted now and I'll call the dealer if it's something to be
looked at. Pardon my ignorance - thanks for any replies.

Tate