Re: Borla fits perfect, but I have questions???:)

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 01:56:44 EDT

> Hey all,
> I got the Borla Dual Exit installed on my long bed DAK. It was a
> perfect fit. The spare tire is very close though. Anybody think I
> should leave it there or take it off? If I leave it there should I put
> some heat resistant tape around the tire or something? I can't get to
> the hardware store until tomorrow. So I'll have to drive to work as
> is. The tips are awefully close to the truck paint. Within 1 inch.
> Anybody think that it'll melt my paint?? Also it has some leakage a
> little around the joints. Is that a big problem? Just a little putt
> putt sorta.
> Doug (gots my Borla, needs my headers) Bowerman

Your tire will be fine, and so will your paint. My configurations is
almost identical to what you describe. Look at my page to see how
close my pipe is to the tire...

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html