Re: Re: Ram Air waste of money?

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 12:41:52 EST

In a message dated 3/9/99 12:09:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, catlin@erols.com
writes:

<< I actually took temperature readings on about every different setup
 out there. This was done by inserting a temperature probe into the
 air stream inside the different air filter setups. The end result
 was the open air filters suck air that is about 30 to 40 degrees
 hotter than a ram air set up. >>

Mike, where did you get your temp probe and for how much? Sounds like a good
idea. I thought about doing this a cpl of years ago with my intercool
Buick...if I can remember right they were around $180...also what kind of
window does it measure... -100 to +200? Any info would be great.
Thanks
Charles