Re: Colder plugs

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 09:32:30 EST

I caught a "Shade Tree" mechanic show on TNN yesterday... Cool show IMHO.

Anyway, they were building a HiPo engine and they used colder plugs due to the
high compression of the engine... They said the worst thing that would happen
if they were too cold is an increase in carbon fouling on the plug...

A wicked cool part on one of their shows was how they cleaned out the fuel
injectors and TB on an 4duh P/U. They used a "system" by 3M that looked
incredible! They didn't mention how much it cost (and you know what that
means!) but it was really trick and didn't involve removing anything but the air
hat, some vacuum tubes and disabling the fuel pump... I think I even wrote the
number down for info. if you want it.

Tom