Bad PepBoys Experience

From: boydmcguire@mindspring.com
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 17:43:03 EST

I went into Pepboys today to pick up a 180 degree thermostat, and so I went
to the parts department. I told them I had a 1993 Dodge Dakota w/ a V-8. He
looked at me and said "Son, do you nkow whar you are doing?" and I said
"Trying to buy a 180 degree thermostat and a gasket" This went on for 3 of 4
minutes! He told me the computer might read it wrong and something could go
wrong. I would tell him that I know of some people who have done the same
thing to their Dakotas. Finally, he called his manager up to the front, we
talked for a few minutes, and finally he sold me the thing! As I was leaving
he said "Your doin' this at your own risk, we arent takin no responsobility"
Sheesh, what a hassle. Maybe I will try AutoZone next time =)

Blake
'93 Silver/White
4x2 Auto
5.2L 318cu V-8