ever hear of this happening?

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 22:26:35 EST

1 of our rams started rattling in the bottom end only about 7k miles
after a rebuild and 1 of our mechanics thinks it is because it was taken
to a "quick lube" type place and they did not drain the oil but just
changed the filter and put 5 more quarts in by mistake. When they drove
it on the highway they started smelling burning oil and raised the hood
to find foaming oil all over the engine, blowing out the oil filler,
dipstick tube and pcv valve that was pushed out of the valve cover.
They drained the oil and refilled with the correct amount but now it
sounds like the bearings are all shot. 3.9 V6. Could this ruin an
engine like that?