Re: Quad cab 3.9 R/T..It sure fools....

From: David Digney (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 21:46:49 EST

All the owners of Ford Rangers & F-150's,including the guys with 4.3 V6
Chevy S-10's.They catch one look at my baby,and they dont even want to mess
with my ride.Even had a guy in a F-150 Super Crew pull up to me last summer
one night.Must have seen my 3.9 R/T badging,came up on my left and
said,"Nice rig man..i dont even want to try"

It works for me!

>From: jon@dakota-truck.net
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: Re: DML: Quad cab 3.9 R/T...yes,well...
>Date: 12 Dec 2001 23:29:38 GMT
>
>Y2KDakuda@aol.com wrote:
>: YEp and if you decode te vin of a Quad Cab with a 360 that number or
>letter will be the same so tech the Quad with a 360 should be a R/T also i
>don't know what they did not do that.
>

> That'd be true if that VIN position (#8) was a body style or series,
>but its just the engine code. A Ram with a 360 would have a "Z" in
>that position as well, but that doesn't make it an R/T. If they ever
>decide to make the R/T a "special" model designation in the VIN,
>they'll probably do it in position 6, like they did with the Shelby
>editions.
>

>--
>
> -Jon-
>
> .---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com
>-----.
> | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL
>|
> | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly

>----'

David A. Digney
3609 Milwaukee St
Madison,Wi 53714-2303