R/T - Quit jerkin' my chain!

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 17:46:38 EST

  I just got off the phone with the Dodge people (1-800-4adodge) - it
looks pretty grim. They're saying:

        Only 2,000 R/T's will be built for '98.

        All of them have already been allocated to dealers
        (they couldn't/wouldn't tell me who got what).

        Individuals cannot order them until the '99 model
        is released (if then).

  Essentially, you must be very patient and wait until '99, or very
lucky and just happen to be at a dealer when one rolls off the truck
(that's not already spoken for), or do like I've been doing for the last
25 years - pick the lesser of 3 evils - buy GM.

  I can't figure out why Mopar is playing these head games. Design a
superior product at a fair price, blast it out in all the car mags, and
then tell everyone they can't have one. Does the R/T follow the Prowler
that follows the Viper....

  It's a damned shame, I've always been open-minded about what I drive,
yet somehow, I always seem to end up with a GM. FINALLY, someone else
builds a vehicle that I really want, and it's "unavailable".

   If I wait until '99, the new GM's will be out and THEY have a 300 hp
engine. You can also bet they'll be available in quantity at any GM
dealer. No limited runs, allocations, or "supply/demand" price hikes.

  Who knows, maybe I'll wait, maybe not. Don't hold your breath!

                Russ Selkirk

--
NOTE:   Anti-Spam Address! Please