Exhaust configuration

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 17:10:29 EDT

   I'm starting to think about what I need to save my pennies for in an
exhaust system. I don't know if anyone has a system like this and what would
be the pros and cons of it. I'm open to ideas but here's what I have in mind:

Mopar Preformance Headers (get them ceramic coated here in CA) into the
factory cat. From the cat I'd like to go into a "straight through" muffler
just behind the cat and from the muffler just a short down turn to aim the
exhaust right at the ground. In other words: the shortest possible exhaust
system. I'm not even sure if it would be legal, just seems like a good idea
to keep the exhaust path as short and straight as possible.
   At worst, I'd like to dump the exhaust out in front of the rear tire so
that it doesn't have to cross the rear axle. Does anyone make a cat-back like
either of the two I mentioned above?

Shaun
Tustin, CA