I need to find the perfect oil filter.

From: Pedro J. Diaz, M.D. (pjdmd@mho.net)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 01:06:05 EDT

I am doing my research before I purchase my '99 Dakota.

Months ago I read somewhere, I can't remember where, about an oil
filtration SYSTEM.
They claimed that this contraption would clean the oil of even the
smallest particles, for instance, those smaller than the limit of
conventional filters. If you ran synthetic oil, you could technically
keep the same oil for years. The filter would last 25,000 miles or so,
additives are required once in a while too. etc...

The idea is sound. Considering that ALL the damage of an engine is from
friction, and conventional oil filters cannot get anything smaller than
40 microns. I mean, If I am going to get a state of the art 5.2 L
engine, how can I rely on decades old technology for protecting it? If
this system is for real, my engine will stay like new.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Pedro Diaz, a DML virgin. ( go easy on me, it's my first time)