R/T Info/questions

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 11:02:07 EDT

I had a few RT questions, as my wife has let me drive the
truck a little bit (I've actually driven it more miles
than she has!), and have a few issues:

1) I feel a slight 'bump' when turning into driveways,
steep turns, etc.. in the rear (bed/frame flex?)

2) When braking on uneven pavement, even though it has
4w-abs, the truck has a tendency to veer a little...

3) A slight pull to the right (Alignment/New Radial pull?)

4) Throttle response is a little vague-- lightly press the
pedal (nothing happens), go a little more (it accelerates
a tad), go a little further (and it leaps ahead)...then
the same thing happens all over again (like the linkage
is connected with a rubber band!)

5) Fuel economy--- HOLLY JESUS!! First tank of gas was
12.5 mpg!!! (I got better mileage in MY truck with towing
a 4500# boat/trailer through the mountains!) The "Wife's"
truck now has 550 miles on it (had 250 when we bought it),
so I hope it is just a 'tight' engine...

6) Fuel light- "DING" made me jump when it came on yesterday--
put 17.25 gallons in (217 miles).. So I figure now when the
light 'dings' on, I've got about 5 gallons left...right?

Let me know,

Sam '95 SLT

Sonya- '99 RT (Gas pig!)