RE: New Tire Time--> Siping

From: Marc W. Grobe (mgrobe@leghorncomputing.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 22:47:40 EST

It's funny that you say that, because I have always heard the opposite with siping. I had my BFG Mud Terrains siped about 6 months after purchase. I noticed they were a little quieter on the highway and the traction was undeniably better in general. After having these tires now for 35,000 miles the look like they are only 1/3 worn, although I am doing a five tire rotation.

Just my experience with siping tires.

-Marc-
Villa Park, IL