Cowl vs. Snout was: Open Element Air Cleaners

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 03:37:45 EDT

Yep, I just don't want too big of a bulge, ya' know? I wanna' stay low
profile =) I'm going cowl all the way. Anyone know of a place that sells
em'? Cheap?

-mike d.

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

Bee Ee Ay eSs Tee Iye Ee !!!
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998 23:32:57 -0400 Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu>
writes:
>>(scoops) to feed that open air element.<<<
>>
>>would a cowl induction hood help with Temps in an Open element
>set-up? I
>>wanna' adapt an open element for my 88', and am thinkin' about a cowl
>>induction insted of a snout. Whaddaya' think?
>>

> Yep, either a forward facing scoop or cowl induction is bound to
>help with underhood temps somewhat. (How much, I don't know.)
>As far as functionality goes, at the speeds we travel, either one
>should be about the same. At higher speeds (200, 300mph) the cowl
>induction is probably the better drag/induction choice. I was
>originally
>going to get a cowl hood, but opted for the ram-air type.
>

> -Jon-

> | Affiliations: DoD, EAA, MP Race Team, NMA, SPA, USUA. RP-SEL |
> | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (15.21@89.82), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |
> `----------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]