Working on tb now - tips - maybe!?

From: Tate Strickland (strickt@airmail.net)
Date: Sat Jul 11 1998 - 03:16:18 EDT

A lot of us on this list are all cranking away on our tb's and three =
points came to mind. Yes, Sean and Jules - I DO have a blindfold and =
mittens on - HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Might as well! ; )

1. Stripped threads in the shaft/blade bolts have been discussed - when =
I was backing mine out, I noticed that it didn't get too sticky and =
"catch" till the end of the screw. Solution - get out the Dremel brush =
and run around the exposed threads of the screw a bit to polish up those =
threads on the end - throw a little break free or whatever on the =
threads - back it out and oil the head side threads too for good measure =
- flip it over and re oil the exposed threads in the recess, ect.... Oil =
and "play it" back and forth - voila! Mine were damned tight, but on =
the final pull, they came out steady and smooth. (stripped threads make =
me MAD!) Clean the threads with break cleaner spray, gun scrubber, ect =
before loctiteing for re-assembly.
=20
2. The bore in the intake is exactly 2 1/16 inch. The bore in the =
bottom of the tb is a few thousandths under 2 1/16. That's the way we =
want to keep it. We want to be sure that the throttle body bore is NO =
LARGER THAN the intake bore.=20
        Otherwise turbulence will occur.

3. Try your best to trim away he excess in the inside of the gasket. =
Some places it protruded more than a mm into the bore. We just =
want it to match the surface, I think. No protruding, no recess.

Anyway, that's my two cents......

Tate