Gear Jammers

From: 4x4dakv8@iname.com
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 12:26:05 EDT

<snip>Unfortunately, manual sales in most segments of >the markets keep falling
>(i.e. people are getting lazy!). Also, it's more >difficult to make
>an engine w/ a manual tranny meet ever stiffening >emmissions. Unless there
>is a renaissance in personal accountability and driver
>control, the demise of the manual will probably happen >in the next ten years
>(Sniff......). When that happens, I will buy last >production
>car or truck to come with a stick and that will be my >last new vehicle
>purchase ever. Three cheers to the manual........

>Gary Pinkley
>97 Reg Cab V-6 5 spd
>lowered monochrome red
>255/50-17 BFG Comp T/A ZR4
>Budnik 17x8 wheels

Manual tranmissions are going the way of the dodo bird because the automatics are so much better than they were 20 years age ...not people getting lazy...Same goes for power steering and power brakes. Not only are modern cars easier to drive, but they're safer to drive as well. Overdrives allow you to have lower rear end gearing for pulling power, but still get good gas mileage on the highway.

I'm sure you will always be able to get a manual tranmission for those who prefer the 'sporty' feel...but, the car may be built by a Japanese company.

4x4dakv8