discrimination against low trucks?!!! (looonnnggg)

From: Michael Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 21 1999 - 21:41:00 EST

hey guys....
Am I the only person experiencing this kind of thing? Here's what happened:
I had a strange rattling noise coming from the back of my dak (it's still there...) so I called my dealer to find out what it may be and if they could fix it. The truck service lady knows me pretty well, so she usually lets me know how to figure out what it is and ways to check it out and that kind of thing to save me some cash. Well, we get to talkin' and I tell her about my problem and she says "Well, try bangin' around underneath and see if it's something simple like exhaust that you could tighten down when you go home, then if you don't find anything, bring on in tomorrow"... okay..easy enough....
"oh, by the way, the noise started after I lowered it"
"..........oh.... well...."
hhhmmmm...
at this point, I continue the conversation trying to get some sort of insight from her on what it may be, and she starts avoiding the question! Then she starts talkin' about how she can't get me in untill after Thanksgiving and crap like that... bear in mind that this is 3 weeks ago! Then she says "I don't think we;re gonna' be able to solve the problem here, you should go to a specialty shop that deals with suspension and brakes and stuff"
Say what?!!
I don't know about you, but from what I've experienced, a dealer will never turn down a chance to get some $$ from you by lookin' at your ride... things were getting fishy...
so I hang up with her, quite puzzled and call Midas up the street. The guys here know me too since I've had most of my exhaust and brake work done there for about 4 years. I talk to the guys about my front brakes which are warped and need some servicing, then the lowered thing comes back into the conversation and I say "yeah, the front shakes when I brake, like the rotors are warped" and he says "it's because you lowered it."
um, no
so I retaliate with "It was doin' it before I lowered it" and he says "sorry, we can't get to it till after thanksgiving anyway so take it somewhere else"

WTF??!!?!?!?!!!

Am I gonna' have this problem everywhere I go?!
Does anyone else have this problem? Any of you lifted 4x4's get this shit?

geez!!

sorry about the rant, but this is really starting to get to me....
"sorry, we can't put gas in lowered truck"

damn!

-mike d.

88 6er, 3.55, Slushbox w/a 3/5 drop, headers, Hi flow cat, 2.5" Borla muffler,
14x3 K&N, JET stage II, Magnecors, Daytona seats, TekStyle tonneau, H4's

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html