Front tire wear on 98 4x2

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Thu Mar 12 1998 - 13:32:50 EST

After reading the posts on excessive front tire edge wear on the 97s and
98s, I took a close look at my own front tires. I now have ~2500 miles
on my 98 which has the P235/70R15s on the 15x8 rims. The outside edges
of the front tires do appear to be worn quite a bit more than the rears.
Maybe this rounding is normal? Haven't actually tried measuring the
tread depth and have not examined the inside edges.

Those of you who have experienced the tire wear/alignment problem:
when did you start noticing the problem and how severe was your
situation? If I took it in to the dealer now, they will probably blow me
off without doing anything. I would sure hate to see these Goodyear
Eagle LS tires get trashed in 10K miles. Call me paranoid...

jeff
98 rc 4x2 v8 5spd 3.55sg flares fipk