shoulder harness failure

From: Compaq (agm@win.net)
Date: Wed Jun 03 1998 - 21:48:29 EDT

I was a passenger in a 92 dak that hit a gaurd rail head on. I was wearing
the seat belt and shoulder harness. The restraint system did not prevent
my head from striking the interior of the vehicle. This happened July 95.
 The injuries were terrible and permanent. I have just recovered enough to
retain an expert witness who does accident reconstruction to look at this
vehicle. June 1,98 he wrote a report indicating in his opinion the
restraint system did not function as expected. He also indicated the
vehicle did not show any of the indications he finds when the passsenger
has not used the seat belt.

In the dak archives I have read discussions about the proper functioning of
the passenger shoulder harness. I can tell you mine did not work in this
accident.
 I will make this accident reconstruction report available to those of you
who want it
I am in possession of the vechicle and restraint system. I want to use
these to see that what happened to me does not happen again.

If you need this kind of information you may call me at 502-452-9851 ask
for Bob