New 4x4 Durango. Let the questions begin!

From: Ryan LeBlanc (rleblanc1@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 20:25:09 EDT

Ok, I got it this morning, and I already have a question. Since I am new to
4x4, I need some pointers. I got the Part Time transfer case. When I shift
from 2H, to 4H, can I do this at speed? i.e. 50mph? Is this not a smart
thing to do? The manual is clear about the shift from 4H to 4L. It says to
make the shift at 2 - 3 mph. But says nothing about a "recommended" speed
for the 2H to 4H shift. Also, how "careful" do I need to be in 4H? Should
I make no turns while on a hard packed dirt road? I have heard it can ruin
the driveline if the inside wheel cannot turn slower. 4x4 is going to be
fun. I just want to be educated before I get out on the trail and break
something. If any one has any 4x4 tips, I would love to hear them. Having
Fun,

Ryan LeBlanc
99, Durango, 5.9L, 4x4, SLT, Forest Green